The male menopause or andropause is a condition that all men will go through once they go through aging. It is something that everybody should know how to deal with, especially men and their spouse of aging men. It is important for every wife to understand the signs and symptom in order to help her spouse make the transition.
This andropause is very similar to female menopause and there are also related symptoms. The cause of male menopause is the decline of hormones while aging. It is a natural occurrence that happens to all men when aging.
If you think men are spared from menopause, you should think again. The andropause condition or the aging male menopause condition will eventually affect all men. This particular condition is associated with the decline of male hormone levels that occurs at a certain age, usually when men reach late 40′s or early 50′s. Similar to that of female menopause.
The main symptoms of andropause are erectile dysfunction or failure to achieve erection, mood changes, night sweats, constant fatigue or tiredness, and also irritability and depression. Some even said that when aging men are suffering from andropause, they become more motherly than fatherly. They tend to be focused more on family and friends rather than the natural focus of men on money, career, and power in the early life before the andropausal stage.
Surprisingly, the change isn’t always noticed by men who are going through the andropausal stage. Spouses and those close to the man are more likely to recognize the changes. The spouses of aging men who do notice it, constantly said that their husbands going through the menopause. The man himself will usually deny that any changes in behavior have occurred.
There will also be physical changes associated with andropause, such as loss of hair in the armpits, shrinking of the testicles, lessening of muscle mass, and also decreased muscle strength. Most aging men will find that the activities and work they once performed has become more difficult.
These changes are due to the loss of androgens in a man’s body. Androgen’s is known to be the basic ingredient that makes up masculinity and because of the loss of this hormone, physical change occurs. Weakness is one of the most common symptoms noticed by aging men.
Andropause may cause depression in men and because of their irritability; it may also cause depression in their spouses. This is why it is important for women to know how to deal with andropause and teach their husbands to know how to deal with it too. Here are some ways women can teach their spouses to cope up with the inevitable changes that andropause can cause:
• The first thing a woman should teach her husband is to teach them how to love and reward themselves as well as love and reward others.
• Men may be abusive when it comes to alcohol and smoking. Teach men not to abuse alcohol and also quit smoking at the same time. Tell them that it will lessen the signs and symptoms of male menopause and also, will be healthier for them.
• Lack of exercise is a known cause of early aging. This is why it is important to encourage men to exercise. This will prolong their youth and also slow down the physical changes that naturally occurs when people age.
• Eating right is also one of the best ways to combat symptoms. Teach men to eat quality and not quantity of food. Tell them that it is more important to eat the right kind of food instead of eating more of the wrong kinds of food.
• Andropause is inevitable and will eventually happen as men when aging. Teach your husband to deal with it. Teach them to accept it in order to live life to the fullest. Tell them to seek out some hobby in order for them to take their mind off the condition.
These are some of the ways you can effectively help your husband when they are suffering from andropause. Always remember that this condition is unavoidable and it is basically the same as female menopause. The best thing you can do is accept it and enjoy it.